Friday, June 15, 2012

Radiohead's Back!

That was the overarching response to Radiohead's triumphant return to Bonnaroo and to North American touring this summer. After that show at 'Roo simulcast around the world via their live YouTube stream (thanks again!), the majority opinion was that Thom Yorke and Co. had come back down to earth from their past couple years of airy, experimental pseudo-techno/electronic work that was less-than-accessible to many fans of their older stuff. However, Radiohead has put all that aside and they're back to their mind-melding rockin' selves.

This is important why, you ask? Because the guys are just a few hours away from their show in Montreal, the first of two stops in Canada this year. Of course Toronto is the second, tomorrow night .Dont even bother looking for tix because both shows are sold out - so scalp or dream, Radiohead fans, scalp or dream.  

P.S. I talk to myself a lot, and as a writer I tend to talk to my computer a lot too - when i cant find the words, when i cant find a source on the internet, when the internet stops working, when a virus crashes my system and deletes all my files, when my cat steps on my laptop and crunches the disk drive into itself, etc. - and sometimes i say, "OK, computer, lets go..." OK Computer. Gets me every time. 

No comments: